Sunday, January 13, 2008

A music adventure

I am always on the prowl for good music. I am not exactly in the mainstream when it comes to artistic preferences. That make traditional channels for music fail. I also like to support the up and coming artists. Especially when they do something completely different. Unknown and different are huge hurdles for musicians.

I recently found a web site that makes an effort to help out these new artists, both the progressive and the conservative types. The site is www.thesixtyone.com. It describes itself as mp3.com meets digg. It uses a reputation system to allow listeners to vote for songs. Once the songs get enough votes they get published on the main page of the site.

I think this is a great thing. It is also motivating for a musician like myself that has thought about a career in music. I am busily listening to music of all genres and voting for the one that are exceptional.

No comments: