Thursday, January 17, 2008

Appreciation at work

I had a long talk with my new boss earlier this week. It was a very frank discussion about whether my expectations were being met regarding my job. I gave him the most honest feedback I could give. I pointed out the things that were satisfactory which were plentiful. When it came to this things that were lacking, I suggested things that I would like to do to improve them. I left the conversation very satisfied. I appreciate my boss's efforts to make sure that I am happy with what I am doing for the company.

The really interesting thing is that since that discussion, my boss's boss, who currently assigns my tasks because he is locally and my boss is not, has been visiting my cube often to tell me that during the next year I will be much more focused on certain things and getting my opinion on other important things. Curiously these are the same things I told my boss that I wanted to do.

Coincidence or not, I feel very appreciated at work. I like it and it motivates me to work harder and improve myself. I hope it was a conscious effort because I would like to work for a company that has the values that it takes for managers to manage this way.

2 comments:

Melanie R. Meadors said...

Um, Cam...it's been over a year. Have you given up on finding good things?

Anonymous said...

I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease
,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.